Sunday, January 22, 2012

All The Places You'll Go

Hey friends!

I have already been so many places these past two weeks and feel like I haven't shared much about them. I don't have much time and figure a picture is worth a thousamd words so here are some pictures.

This is Arusha National Park where there are lots of "twigas"! 


This is also at the park where we got to walk around and see animals such as watter buffalo (everyone has one ya know?!), baboons, zebras and cool bugs.


This is our classroom! Taking Core 350 (philospophy and political class), Cross Cultural Religion, History and kiSwahili are all taught here!


This is our room in the house. I feel kindof like a princess under the nets. 


These are Arabic coffee beans being grown in Tanzania. They won't be ready to harvest until June through October and are picked one by one by the hands of 6,000 workers. I even tried some kawaha (coffee)....still don't like it!


This is the Pentacostal Church that I went to this morning. It was very big and very loud, but the people were really welcoming of their "unique" new freinds. 

Those are some of the places I have been. A week from today I will be on the Island of Zanzibar getting ready to go to classes at the University of Zanzibar (SUZA) as an international student. Also, as I highlight and super blessing, on Friday, March 9th I will be visiting Larry and Joni Bender's compassion child back in Arusha! 

Hope you all have a wonderful January and that the weather is as good for you as it is going for me! 


No comments:

Post a Comment