Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Dec.1, 2014 Here is a Thanksgiving blog:


“Because a thankful heart is a happy heart.
I’m glad for what I have that’s an easy way to start.
                  For the love that He shares as he listens to my prayers.
That’s why I say thanks everyday.” – Junior Asparagus (VeggieTales)
It’s tricky to be thankful when the network is not allowing you to call
your family, but it’s in the hard times when being thankful is most
important. So, while I wait to get connected here is what I’m thankful for. 

Sunscreen for sunshine and aloe when nose is red
Peanut butter and Nutella on fresh himbassha bread
Fresh fruit like oranges, bananas, cactus and zaytoons
My ipad with books, stories and jammin’ tunes
Safe gate, dripping shower and flushing toilet
My bed nightly cloaked in a mosquito net
Kids coming up to me to twirl and spin
God’s patience, guidance and forgiving all my sin
Kids, teacher buddies and Tigrigna tutor
Playing volleyball that makes my arms sore
My support system of friends and family
A house to call my own where I can just be
Getting surprised letters and/or packages in the mail
Having a blast while learning Braille!
PC friends I would bend backwards for
Students eager and excited to learn more
Eating shiro, injera, ga’at or pancakes
Weekends are definitely needed breaks
Water filter leaves me healthy and parasite free
On cold days, drinking tiny cups of coffee or hot tea
Learning more ways to practice patience
Being in town full of hospitality and acceptance
Market fresh veggies and foods without saturated fats
Avoiding camels, dogs, donkeys, goats, chickens and many cats
Long walk to school gives tan lines from chacos
Internet to get Facebook messages from my bros
Inside jokes that always leave us laughing
My own worship sessions of praying and singing
These are all great, but above all
I’m thankful to follow God’s call


I hope and pray you all have an amazing Thanksgiving. Try to find
something daily to be thankful for…especially when it is hard. You will be
surprised how much you can think of when you aren’t expecting it.











1 comment:

  1. Jess you are fabulous! You keep me inspired as I read every new post!

    ReplyDelete